Ingredients and their benefits
Beeswax: Great for the skin, it moisturizers and softens the skin. Unlike the artificial chemicals and petroleum based ones added to other products, beeswax is a natural moisturizer that contains vitamin A, and provides extended moisturizing, and locks in the skins moisture, whilst still letting the skin breathe. A must have for winter.
This barrier may also aid in protecting the tender skin on your lips. The Mayo Clinic recommends using a lip balm that contains beeswax during cold weather to reduce your chances of developing chapped lips
Organic Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin. Unlike your average moisturizer that contains a lot of water and likely synthetic ingredients.
Olive Oil: Olive oil, as a moisturizer, is good for almost every skin type, according to the Wrinkle Free Skin Tips Web site. When you apply it to your skin before going to bed at night, it helps hold your skin’s natural moisture in and prevents it from drying out. Olive oil contains vitamins A and E. (Livingstrong.com)
Sustainable Palm Oil: Palm oil contains the hard to find toctrienols, which are members of the vitamin E family. (Livingstrong.com)
Organic Cocoa Butter: This is a natural moisturizer and melts at room temperature.
Cocoa beans are good for more than just luscious morsels of chocolate -- they also make a glorious butter. Cocoa butter is simple a shade of white in its organic form. This butter is high in fat, which helps it to deliver deep moisture to your skin. As with any skin-care product, it is best to test a small amount of cocoa butter on an area of your skin as a patch test. If skin doesn't react, proceed with slathering yourself in decadent cocoa butter. (Livingstrong.com)
Organic Avocado Oil: Another wonderful ingredient for providing the skin with moisture.
Organic Shea Butter:
- Incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin.
- It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils.
- Reduces Inflammation: found to reduce skin inflammation. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne.
- Skin Smoothing: aids in the skin’s natural collagen production, and nourishes the skin to prevent drying
Vitamin E: Often used for moisturizing the skin.
Always perform a patch test, or consult with a physician, before trying any natural beauty moisturizers.
Rice Bran Oil:
- Deeply moisturizing due to its combination of vitamin E and fatty acids, which go deep into skin to hydrate.
- It's recommended as an alternative to the popular lanolin,
- Anti aging oil for the skin. The natural vitamin E plus vitamin B help firm and tighten your look, maintaining hydration, which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.. Used extensively in Japan for this purpose. Doesn’t clog pores.
- Concerned if you have oily skin? Try it anyway. Rice bran oil is light and penetrates easily, so it's not likely to increase the oiliness of your skin.